Benefits of Coaching Physicians
MedAchieve is the first business coaching company dedicated to healthcare in the United States and Canada. Through co-creative partnerships with our clients, we develop quality improvement initiatives that generate exceptional results in their businesses. These initiatives include improved patient-physician communications, teamwork and streamlined strategic planning, improved medical outcomes and decreased medical liability. The results area a more satisfying and less stressful workplaces and lifestyles with higher profitability for our clients. MedAchieve serves a variety of clients, from individual medical practitioners to large physician practices, medical insurance companies, malpractice liability insurance companies and hospitals.
In addition to custom programs designed for client needs, CLC presents nationally on many topics such as:
- Developing the Physician Leader
- Stress and Time Management
- Managing the Disruptive Physician
- Practice Management
- Lowering Malpractice Risk
Developing the Physician Leader
Increasingly, physicians are being asked to step into leadership roles in the medical institutions in which they practice. In this rapidly changing healthcare environment, this leadership responsibility is welcomed, as it offers the opportunity for physicians to help shape the future of healthcare. However, the personality traits that make a physician successful, often conflict with the qualities of a successful physician leader. In this highly interactive presentation, the differences in a physician practitioner versus a physician leader will be explored. Participants will learn their own personality traits through a self-administered assessment to identify areas of leadership strength and weakness. Using businesscoaching techniques, participants will acquire methods to strengthen their leadership capabilities.
Stress and Time Management
- Identify and describe the causes of stress among physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Identify and describe the reactions of stress among physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Identify and implement stress-reducing practices.
- Identify and implement practices to become more resilient to stress.
Managing the Disruptive Physician
- Identify and describe the causes and incidence of physicians exhibiting disruptive behavior
- Identify and describe the two categories of “Noisy Disruptive Physicians” and “Silent Disruptive Behavior”
- Identify and describe how to effectively deal with disruptive physicians
Lowering Malpractice Risk
Seventy-one percent of malpractice claims are due to a break down in patient-physician communications. Furthermore, patients are much less likely to initiate a malpractice suit against a physician that they trust over a physician that they do not trust…….even for the same untoward outcome! Michael will discuss how to communicate and build trust with patients to minimize liability risk. In this interactive seminar, specific techniques to strengthen relationships and communication skills will be demonstrated and practiced by participants. Additionally, he will illustrate practice-building strategies that physicians can immediately begin using to reinforce the patient-physician relationship.
The Patient-Physician Relationship and Practice Management